American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 for Jefferson County, Missouri
The Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds provide a substantial infusion of resources to help turn the tide on the pandemic, address its economic fallout, and lay the foundation for a strong and equitable recovery. According to the United States Treasury, ARPA government recipients may use these funds to:
- Support public health expenditures, by, for example, funding COVID-19 mitigation efforts, medical expenses, behavioral healthcare, and certain public health and safety staff
- Address negative economic impacts caused by the public health emergency, including economic harms to workers, households, small businesses, impacted industries, and the public sector
- Replace lost public sector revenue, using this funding to provide government services to the extent of the reduction in revenue experienced due to the pandemic
- Provide premium pay for essential workers, offering additional support to those who have and will bear the greatest health risks because of their service in critical infrastructure sectors
- Invest in water, sewer, and broadband infrastructure, making necessary investments to improve access to clean drinking water, support vital wastewater and stormwater infrastructure, and to expand access to broadband internet
Within these overall categories, recipients have broad flexibility to decide how best to use this funding to meet the needs of their communities.
Round 1 of Eligible Applicants
Applications Open: December 15, 2021
Applications Close: March 15, 2022
- County Water and Sewer Districts
- County Public Schools
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Local Higher Education (County Students)
How to Apply
To be considered, all eligible applicants will need to complete the following:
- ARPA Funding Application Certification
- ARPA Application
- Labor Costs Spreadsheet
- Other Costs Spreadsheet
- Required Documentation (if applicable):
- Last monthly financial statement
- Last audited financial statement
- Proof of County taxes paid
- Certification of licensed beds
- All supporting documentation for the projects proposed or reimbursements requested.
Once all documents listed above are completed, please submit via email to: JeffCoCARES@jeffcomo.org.
Please email JeffCoCARES@jeffcomo.org.
ARPA Applicant Status
Last updated 01/31/2022 at 3:00PM.