A document goes through a number of steps before the document is returned to the patron.
- The document is checked for dates, signatures, spelling of names, complete acknowledgments, and, depending on the type of instrument, any other information that is needed before recording.
- If all information is correct, the document is accepted and priced according to the number of pages it contains.
- The document is then stamped with the date and time, given a Document number, and then sealed on the top of the first page.
- The document is scanned.
- The document is then indexed into the computer system by Grantor and Grantee name.
- The document is then checked again to see that it was correctly entered into the computer system and then the document is returned to the proper address.