My child is away at college, may I request a ballot for him/her?

Yes, Missouri law allows a parent to request an absentee ballot. Relatives within the second degree (spouse, parent, child, grandparent, brother, sister, grandchild, mother-in-law, father-in-law, daughter-in-law, or son-in-law) may complete an absentee ballot application, in-person, on behalf of the voter who wishes to vote absentee. Our office will then mail a ballot to the voter. No family member can ’pickup’ or ’leave’ our office with another person’s ballot.

View and download an Absentee Ballot Application (PDF).

Show All Answers

1. When does absentee voting begin?
2. I am going to be out of town, but I still want to vote, what are my options?
3. Does Missouri have Early Voting?
4. How do I vote absentee vote? Does Missouri have "No Excuse Absentee Voting"?
5. Where do I absentee vote? What is the deadline to absentee vote?
6. If I vote absentee, will it count? I heard it doesn't count!
7. I am disabled. How do I get a ballot sent to me every election?
8. I have received my absentee ballot, what do I do now? When do I send it back?
9. I have requested but never received my absentee ballot, why?
10. My child is away at college, may I request a ballot for him/her?
11. Do I have to get my absentee ballot notarized? Must a notary watch me vote my ballot?
12. What should I do about my voter registration if I marry, move or change my name?
13. I moved to Jefferson County from St. Louis County/City and I was registered to vote there, am I still registered to vote?