How do I appeal my taxes?

Taxpayers are encouraged to contact the Department of the County Assessor at 636-797-5466 for real estate and 636-797-5343 for personal property. If the taxpayer is unable to reach an agreement with Assessor’s office, and wishes to appear before the Board of Equalization, the taxpayer should contact the County Clerk’s office to obtain the necessary appeal forms. Five copies of the forms are required to be returned to the County Clerk’s office by the taxpayer.

Contact our office at 636-797-5039.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Board of Equalization?
2. When does the Board of Equalization meet? Where do they meet?
3. How do I appeal my taxes?
4. Are there separate forms for real estate and personal property appeals?
5. What's the deadline to appeal my taxes?
6. When will my hearing be scheduled in front of the Board of Equalization?
7. How long can I expect the hearing to last?
8. When will I know the Board's decision?
9. What are my options if I disagree with Board's decision? How do I contact the Board?